Tuesday, August 23, 2016

We started back to school recently. Baby Girl is a couple months old now so I've been feeling pretty ready to get at it. Pregnancy kills any and all motivation and productivity for me so I've got things a little more together now which makes me happy.

I got the book Story of the World to try for history, so far the boys seem to like it. The Doctor loves history so he's pretty happy to listen to the stories. Noley has a pretty short attention span but does okay. They both loved or first activity though.

One of the chapters was about ancient Egypt and the Nile River so we made our own Nile River and grew "reeds" (grass) around it. They love taking turns "flooding the river." It's growing really well, even with the cats nibbling on the grass :) I found the project here originally.

Two Weeks of Growth

We did some crayon resist art and learned a little bit about Degas, too. I found a really cool book on Amazon called Discovering Great Artists that introduces lots of artists and art styles and gives projects you can do for each.

The Doctor's Tardis art

Mine

Noley's hearts

Goob's

For science the boys watched some Magic School Bus that talked about muscles. We did some experiments with our own muscles to see what happened when we flex and relax them, and when they get tired or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment